Do You Know Alcohol Is A Breast Cancer Risk?
- ALCOHOL TOO IS 'ANOTHER'...Another Breast Cancer Risk!...
- Alcohol is no food. Thus, considering the documented harm alcohol causes the human body, it should make no sense to indulge in alcoholism – in some cases, not even for the little ‘pleasure’ you may want to drink for. Alcohol is a risk factor for cancers, including breast cancer.
- The body is able to work on alcohol and eliminate its toxic end-product called acetaldehyde when consumed in controlled quantities. In excess however, this harmful product gets away to damage the contents of cells in the body — a situation which could set off processes to form cancers.
- In the Akan communities I grew up, a woman who drinks was always glared at in disdain. Somehow, however, modernity has ensured that it is very normal for a woman to consume alcohol as much as any man could do — some women can even do 'much better'.
- Well, Modern Woman, if our culture has no hold on or place in your life, my professional advice is that you kindly consider today that alcohol is also a breast cancer risk.
- Breast cancer is real, and it kills. Let's all be 'Awareness Ambassadors' and share the messages of its awareness, including this one.
- FOOD IS YOUR BEST MEDICINE.
- PAA KWESI HACKMAN (RD, MSc)
~Licensed/Registered Dietician & Nutritionist
~Secretary, Ghana Dietetic Association (Southern Sector)
Mail: [email protected]